Sport logo reproduction on Adobe Illustration (College assignment. Developed only for educational use).
Work in progress of logo reproduction from San Jose Stealth team. An original rastered low resolution image of the team is used for reference.
- 1.- Line tracing of main shapes using Pen Tool without considering shadows at the moment. However, angles curves where later modified by using Anchor Point Tool and Direct Selection. Tool.
- 2.- Paths filled with color in order to have a better reference to make narrow details.
- 3.- Details on eyes by adding layers of gray, using circles and shapes done with Pen Tool.
- 4.- Tracing path by using Pen Tool in order to recreate shadows on the previous shapes.
- 5.- Then, with the function of Divide from Pathfinder, these shapes for the shadows get cut and clean from the parts that are not necessary.
- 6.- The function of Offset Path, situated on Object> Path> Offset Path, is used to duplicate and extrude the outline of shapes like the shooting target circle, ninja and primary typography.
- 7.- Secondary typography was done by downloading font and the distorted by rotating it and using shear transformation, situated on Object> Transform> Shear > Shear angle.
- 8.- Primary typography got final details on lighting and shadows with the use of the function of Divide from Pathfinder and using Direct Selection Tool to refine.
- 10.- The final result.